Extra Credit Opportunities
You can choose up two two extra credit assignments per semester. This could be a total of up to 50 points. Please let me know if you plan to do any of these assignments. Extra credit can be done at any time up until 2 weeks before the end of your class. Make sure you plan ahead! Make sure that you submit them online and let me know if you have any questions.
8th Grade Computers & Business
- Find the 10 most influential quotes on leadership and present it in some kind of digital display. You could use PowerPoint, iMovie, YouTube, make a website, etc. You can also find pictures or stories to go with your quotes. Creativity will be a big part of your points. This is worth up to 20 extra credit points.
- Pick your favorite company and research it putting the information in a power point presentation. Include information such as the history, performance, and future of the company. This assignment is worth 15 extra credit points and 5 additional points if you present it to the class.
8th Grade US History
- Complete a 2 page double space book report after reading a book from the approved History reading list or any approved book of your choice. This is worth up to 30 extra points.
- Create a tri-fold visual display on all the main places located on the National Mall in Washington, DC. Use the internet and the virtual tour to help create your display. You will be graded on creativity and quality of content. Feel free to use pictures and references from the internet, library, textbook, etc. Make sure you cite your sources. This is worth up to 20 extra credit points.
- Choose a film from the approved History film list or any approved film relating to US History and write a double spaced 2 page report. This is worth up to 15 extra credit points.
- Visit a historical site with your family. This can be a local site such as the Donner-Reed Museum, This is the Place Monument, Ensign Peak, Temple Square, etc or it can be any site relating to history. After visiting the site bring a piece of literature (flyer, brochure,) for points. You may earn up to 10 extra credit points. You may earn an additional 10 points for creating a visual display of your trip.
7th Grade CTEI
- Complete any of the Keyboarding practice assignments on the state keyboarding website. Turn in your practice assignment in Microsoft Word. You may do up to 4 practice assignments. Each one is worth up to 5 extra credit points for a total of 20 extra credit points.
- Create a Yahtzee score card in Microsoft Excel. Click here for the instructions. After you have created it play the game with a friend or your family and record your scores with your scorecard. This is worth up to 10 extra credit points.
- Find at least 5 educational youtube videos relating to any of the weekly topics in CTEI. Copy and paste the links into Microsoft Word. You will get 1 point for each link. This is worth a total of 5 points.